https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png 0 0 admin https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png admin2018-09-17 20:12:102018-10-11 17:59:33Back To School Immune Boosting Tips
Back to School can mean opening ourselves up to colds, the flu, and feeling run down. It’s important to keep our immune systems boosted as we head into the colder months. The following tips will help you stay healthy and combat upcoming flu season.
- Boost your immune system by adding nutrient-rich foods such as citrus fruits, garlic, ginger, chicken noodle soup, sweet potatoes, yams, tea, and mushrooms.
- The changing seasons calls for changes in our sleep patterns as well. Increase the number of hours of sleep you get per night to strengthen your immune system.
- Decrease caffeine intake to avoid insomnia, nervousness, irritability, and digestive issues. Caffeine also affects the adrenal glands production of cortisol, and increased cortisol can lead to a compromised immune system.
- Take Vitamin-C, a common immune-booster, which will help fight off infection and speed up recovery.
- Drink herbal teas infused with Echinacea Root or Elderberry to help ward off colds.
- Use eucalyptus oil in a diffuser or add a few drops to coconut oil and rub into the back and front of chest. Eucalyptus helps with chest and sinus congestion.
- Remember proper hand-washing for effective cold prevention!