I am a husband, a father, and a Naturopathic Physician. I have a passion for medicine and people, for which, Naturopathic Medicine has been the perfect melding.
As a primary health care provider, I focus on my patients’ overall health and well-being by ensuring I ask detailed questions, perform physical exams, and run diagnostic tests when they are indicated. I may recommend more detailed testing or refer to another practitioner in order to optimize the care and safety of each of my patients. I am adamant that each of my patients is well informed and consents to each step of their medical care. I take extra care to make sure my patients know that they are riding in the front seat when it comes to their health; they have the right to make their own informed decisions about all services that I offer.
I choose evidence-based treatments and modify them to work for each of my patients. Patient safety is my top priority! Some of the tools that I rely on are clinical nutrition, lifestyle counselling, vitamin and nutrient therapies, homeopathy, supplementation, physical medicine, and acupuncture. I recommend intravenous (IV) therapy and use prescription medications when required for my patients’ health needs.
I am all too familiar with what it is like to balance an exhilarating home life with a busy work schedule. I recognize how levels of sleep, stress, and energy can make or break productivity and enjoyment of everyday life. As a Naturopathic Physician, my goal is to help my patients improve their overall vitality by using a unique and personalized approach to health. My approach is based on accurate diagnosis through clinical assessment and lab testing. I then individualize treatments to fit with my patient’s specific needs and requests. My objective is to get results. I ensure this by setting clear expectations with my patients about their health goals.
My main areas of focus are:
- Cardiovascular health (e.g. high/low blood pressure, high cholesterol, proactive care, peripheral vascular disease)
- Children’s health (e.g. skin concerns, eczema, developmental and/or behavioral challenges, allergies, digestion, milestone assessments)
- Blood sugar / metabolic concerns (e.g. weight loss/gain, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome)
I also address all health concerns including but not limited to:
- Men’s health (e.g. stress, fatigue, burnout, weight loss/gain, erectile dysfunction, low libido, prostate conditions, hormone health, pain management, and mood concerns)
- Women’s health (e.g. stress, fatigue, burnout, weight loss/gain, menstrual irregularities, PMS symptoms, low libido, perimenopause/menopause, hot flashes, hormone health, pain management, and mood concerns)
- Digestive health (e.g. constipation, diarrhea, bloating, food sensitivities, IBS, celiac disease, SIBO)
- Sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling/staying asleep, restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea)
- Acute Health Concerns (bladder infections, colds, etc.)
I completed my undergraduate degree in Biology at Trinity Western University. My naturopathic medical training was at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine where I received the clinical excellence award on graduation. My wife and I have two young children. I absolutely love to cook—frequently experimenting with new recipes in our kitchen. I also have a fascination with languages: I studied Spanish for 4 years in university and I am currently learning Romanian (my wife’s native language).