Irregular cycles, PMS, acne, or painful cramps… while these are incredibly common they are not normal. In fact, they are signs of hormonal imbalances. Often, midol or birth control seem like the only solution, but we can do better than that. Let’s get your hormones in check and kiss PMS goodbye! 💋
These delicious and simple (dairy and gluten-free!) pancakes are best enjoyed right after cooking. With no added sugar, these pancakes are a guilt-free breakfast option. Serve them with maple syrup, yogurt, or ricotta cheese to add in some protein.
-2 large eggs
-1 medium banana
Puree eggs and banana in a blender until smooth. Lightly oil a large non-stick skillet and heat over medium. Using 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, drop 4 mounds of batter into the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges look dry, (2 to 4 minutes.) Using a thin spatula, gently flip the pancakes and cook until browned on the bottom, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a plate. Lightly oil the skillet again and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with your choice of toppings; we recommend vanilla Greek yogurt and raspberries!
Jade Rolling has hit the spotlight as a popular skin-care tool by depuffing your face within seconds. The beauty world has found a new love for this Chinese skincare routine that’s been around since the 7th century. Jade rolling is believed to have healing and protective properties. The handheld roller is usually dual-ended with two jade (or rose quartz) stone heads that help boost blood circulation, reduce swelling, and help your skin-care products penetrate deeper into your skin. They’re a quick fix for daily skin struggles such as dark under-eye circles and puffiness from fatigue. We love the Rose Quartz Rollers from local brand, K’Pure Naturals. (There are also some awesome options on Amazon!)
Rose Quartz Roller – https://kpurenaturals.com/products/jade-facial-roller
We are nine days in to our No Sugar January Challenge!
Our team has compiled a list of foods you may not realize can be high in sneaky sugars. 🚫🍰
-Fruit flavored yogurt
-Sauces and condiments
Do you have a growing family on the brain? Interested in preparing your body for pregnancy? Or have you been trying to become pregnant without success? We are here to support you in this process. 👶🏼✨
Call our clinic at (604) 514-8555 to book an initial appointment.
Join our team at A New Leaf Naturopathic Clinic for our January No Sugar Challenge. 🚫🍰🍭
Our staff will be avoiding all added sugars (honey and fruit are allowed!) Benefits include increased immune function, decreased inflammation, can help regulate hormones, and less brain fog.
Kombucha is a mixture of bacteria, sugar, and fermented black or green tea. Kombucha is made by introducing a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast) into brewed tea and sugar. This mixture is then left to ferment for anywhere between a week and a month. Fruit, herbs, and spices can be added for additional flavor. The tea dates back 2000 years to ancient China, where it was regularly consumed to remedy inflammatory ailments. Benefits of drinking kombucha include being a rich source of probiotics and antioxidants, can kill bacteria, and aids in better gut health. It is also full of Vitamin-B, which helps with energy and clarity. Local kombucha companies that we recommend trying out include Oddity Kombucha, August Market, O5 Rare Tea + Kombucha Bar, and local grocery stores including Whole Foods and Save On.
Sourced from: The Know
We’re sharing some of our favourite New Years Resolutions as we head into 2019! ✨🥂
1. Wear sunscreen every time you go outside. Your skin will thank us later.
2. Maintain (and attend) primary care appointments. We know that life can get busy, but it’s important to put your health first.
3. Set an alcohol and caffeine curfew for yourself. As they can deeply effect your sleep, set a goal to avoid caffeine after 5pm and only have 1 small alcoholic beverage, if any.
4. Find an outlet for your stress that you can rely on when things feel a little “out of control.” This can range from hot yoga, boxing classes, painting, or just having a relaxing bath with no digital distractions.
5. Establish a “before bed” sleep ritual! This will help create a consistent sleep pattern. Some rituals include putting your phone away, creating a dimly lit bedroom, using aromatherapy such as a diffuser with lavender oil, reading a book in bed, or sipping on calming tea.
6. Exercise during the day. Even just 20 minutes of physical activity in the morning will help reset the body’s natural alarm clock, increasing daytime alertness and sleepiness at night.
What are your 2019 Resolutions? 🙏🏼✨
What is Naturopathic Medicine
They use therapies from the sciences of clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, physical medicine, clinical psychology, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine.
A New Leaf Naturopathic
Tel: (604) 514-8555
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm