We’re sharing some of our favourite New Years Resolutions as we head into 2019! ✨🥂
1. Wear sunscreen every time you go outside. Your skin will thank us later.
2. Maintain (and attend) primary care appointments. We know that life can get busy, but it’s important to put your health first.
3. Set an alcohol and caffeine curfew for yourself. As they can deeply effect your sleep, set a goal to avoid caffeine after 5pm and only have 1 small alcoholic beverage, if any.
4. Find an outlet for your stress that you can rely on when things feel a little “out of control.” This can range from hot yoga, boxing classes, painting, or just having a relaxing bath with no digital distractions.
5. Establish a “before bed” sleep ritual! This will help create a consistent sleep pattern. Some rituals include putting your phone away, creating a dimly lit bedroom, using aromatherapy such as a diffuser with lavender oil, reading a book in bed, or sipping on calming tea.
6. Exercise during the day. Even just 20 minutes of physical activity in the morning will help reset the body’s natural alarm clock, increasing daytime alertness and sleepiness at night.
What are your 2019 Resolutions? 🙏🏼✨