https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png 0 0 admin https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png admin2018-10-18 16:48:292018-10-18 16:48:29Mindfulness Tips
Make mindfulness a part of your everyday life with these simple tips & tricks!
- Increase your awareness. Engaging your senses can help you become more aware, which will also help you on your path to mindfulness. You can do this by giving yourself a hug, playing with a pet, smelling a flower, or taking a relaxing bath. If your mind and body feel really out of line, then choose to do something bigger such as swimming, going for a nature walk, or even touching something extremely cold to give yourself a jolt back into your body and out of your head.
- Make gratitude a part of your daily routine. Turn your Instagram feed into a visual gratitude diary, create a gratitude jar, or make a list of 10 things you are grateful for each morning (or night.) Practicing gratitude keeps you aware of what is making you happy and/or what you’re grateful for in that moment, which supports the idea of being present.
- Take 10 minutes to do nothing. Andy Puddicombe, meditation and mindfulness expert, explains the present moment as, “Not being lost in thought, not being distracted, not being overwhelmed by difficult emotions but instead learning how to be in the here and now; how to be mindful, how to be present. I think the present moment is so underrated. It sounds so ordinary and yet we spend so little time in the present moment that it’s anything but ordinary.” Give your brain a 10 minute timeout so you can refresh your mind and keep it working at its best.
- Check out the Headspace app, created by Andy Puddicombe. The app allows you to work mindfulness into your everyday life. Watch this short video for more information on Headspace. https://youtu.be/kEpOF7vUymc
- Watch the world go by. There’s something pleasant about people-watching; sitting in a cafe, watching people go by, imagining who they are, their hobbies, or what they do for a living. Taking time out of your day to people-watch is an activity rooted in mindfulness. You are taking a step outside of yourself to observe other people in that exact moment in time.
- Take control of your thoughts. Mindfulness means appreciating each second and giving yourself entirely to the exact moment you’re currently in. Experience each moment and enjoy it.
Information sourced from: https://www.bustle.com/articles/113549-7-tips-to-practice-mindfulness-reasons-why-you-should