https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png 0 0 admin https://anewleafnaturopathic.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png admin2018-09-27 19:30:402018-10-11 17:55:44Ways To Relax (5 minutes or less!)
Ways To Relax (in 5 minutes or less!)
- Sip green tea – Herbal green tea contains a source of L-Theanine, a chemical that helps relieve anger.
- Meditate – All it takes is five minutes of peace to reap the benefits of meditation. Find a comfortable spot in a quiet place, concentrate on your breath, and feel your anxiety disappear.
- Remember your breathing – Slow, deep breaths can lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- Rub your feet over a golf ball – Get an impromptu foot massage by rubbing your feet back and forth over a golf ball.
- Nosh on chocolate – A square of dark chocolate can help calm nerves, regulate levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and stabilize the metabolism. (And it’s delicious.)
- Drip cold water on your wrists – When stress hits, head for the sink and drop cold water on your wrists & behind your earlobes. There are major arteries right underneath the skin, so cooling these areas can help calm the entire body.
- Find the sun – If it’s a sunny day, head outside for an easy way to lift your spirits.
- Stretch – Take a few minutes to stand up for a quick stretch, which will help relieve muscle tension and relax your body during a busy work day.
- Write it down – Putting our emotions on paper can make them seem less intimidating. Try journalling to get your thoughts out.
- Try aromatherapy – Drip some lavender, tea tree, or spearmint oil into your palm and inhale. The soothing scents help quiet anxiety and stress by stimulating smell receptors in the nose that connect to the part of the brain that regulates emotions.