Irregular cycles, PMS, acne, or painful cramps… while these are incredibly common they are not normal. In fact, they are signs of hormonal imbalances. Often, midol or birth control seem like the only solution, but we can do better than that. Let’s get your hormones in check and kiss PMS goodbye! 💋
Dr. James R. Conway discussing the differences between a common cold and the flu.
Dr. Conway also shares his top five tips to combat colds and the flu. 🤧
Located in Vancouver, BC, this handcrafted Nut Mylk is made from raw, organic, and nutrient-rich ingredients. This dairy-free substitute shares a delicious taste and additional health benefits. NutMeg Mylk carefully sources their high quality ingredients and chooses local whenever possible. This wholesome and healthy option replaces store-bought preservatives and chemicals.
Their menu includes Vanilla Brazil Almond Mylk, Lavender Honey Mylk, Walnut Mylk, Maca Cacao Pumpkin Seed and Cashew Mylk, Original Almond Mylk, Turmeric Golden Almond Mylk, and Blue Majik Mylk. NutMeg Mylk is the perfect treat option while still remaining dairy-free!
Essential Oil Benefits
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for medicinal and health purposes. Because of their calming, antiviral, stimulating, detoxifying, and antibacterial properties, essential oils are gaining popularity as a safe, natural, and cost-effective way to aid in a number of different health concerns.
The particles in essential oils come from distilling or extracting the different parts of plants, including flowers, leaves, barks, roots, resin, and peels. The distillation process separates the oil and water based compounds of a plant through steaming. Essential oils are then produced, which are highly concentrated and give off a strong aroma.
There are many great benefits of essential oils. Here are our top six.
- Balance Hormones – Clary sage, geranium, and thyme help balance out estrogen and progesterone levels in the body.
- Boost Immunity and Fight Infections – Many oils have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Some of the best oils for immunity include oregano, ginger, lemon, eucalyptus, frankincense, peppermint, and cinnamon.
- Support Digestion – Aid digestion by using ginger or peppermint oil. Ginger oil promotes digestive health by easing indigestion and relieving gas. Peppermint oil has been shown to provide rapid relief of IBS symptoms.
- Boost Energy Levels – Some oils have stimulating effects and can actually increase oxygen levels to your brain, which will leave you feeling refreshed, refocused, and energized. Great essential oils to help boost energy levels include peppermint, grapefruit, lemon, lemongrass, and rosemary oils.
- Reduce Anxiety – Lavender, chamomile, bergamot, ylang ylang, and orange essential oils can reduce stress and anxiety. These oils contain sedative properties and induce a calm, peaceful, and relaxed feeling.
- Relieve Headaches – Essential oils work as a natural headache reliever because they effectively treat the trigger, addressing the root of the problem instead of masking it like painkillers do. Using oils for headaches can provide pain relief, improve circulation, and reduce stress, which can be major causes of headaches. Try using lavender and peppermint oil.
Sourced from: https://draxe.com/essential-oil-uses-benefits/
What is Naturopathic Medicine
They use therapies from the sciences of clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, physical medicine, clinical psychology, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine.
A New Leaf Naturopathic
Tel: (604) 514-8555
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm