Healthy Eating Out Options🌱
With work, children (animal children included), social events, and staying active, life can get quite hectic. We’ve gathered our favourite eating out options that will keep your nutrition on track when you’re in a pinch for something to eat!
1) Chopped Leaf – Chopped Leaf provides delicious salads, wraps, soups, and sandwiches that are filled with high quality, nutritious ingredients so you feel good after you eat! Not only are they a quick meal option, they also offer customers to order and pre-pay online to save even more time. Our favourites are their Sunshine Salad with a salmon filet or their Southwest Salad with chicken. Chopped Leaf is a great choice for vegans and vegetarians as they allow you to completely customize your meals.
2) Freshii – Without compromising on flavour, Freshii offers a Nutritionist-designed menu filled with options to satisfy any dietary requirement including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan! They pride themselves in providing the optimum fuel to get you through a busy day. Our favourite Freshii items include the Metaboost Salad, Market Salad, Oaxaca Bowl, and Superfood Soup.
3) Booster Juice – We all know and love Booster Juice smoothies! Did you know Booster Juice also showcases their balanced, great-tasting meals packed with vitamins and nutrients so customers stay full. This includes energy bowls, chia pudding, grilled paninis, and protein wraps. All of their smoothies are nut-free, low in fat, and blended with 100% pure fruit juice. We love their Berry Cream Sensation Smoothie.
4) Sushi – Call your nearby sushi restaurant and place an order to-go when you’re hungry and on a busy schedule. Sushi is a great source of protein and nutrients. Stay away from the fried stuff, and choose from california rolls, raw sushi (nigiri, maki, sashimi) edamame beans, avocado rolls, or seaweed salad.
5) Local Grocery Store – Local grocery stores are great if you’re crunched for time but need something healthy on-the-go. Most offer pre-made salads filled with fresh vegetables and protein, as well as quick, nutritional snacks. For example, Save On always has ready-to-go chef salads, caeser salads, sausage, cheese, and cracker plates, cut-up veggies and dip, hummus cups, and fresh fruit cups.