You know what the best part about this salad is? Apart from being crunchy, chewy and cheesy in all the right places, it’s EASY. Quick, simple, and enriched with goodness!!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pieces large bunch of kale
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cloves large garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (more salt and pepper to taste, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill for 7-8 minutes on both sides or until cooked through. Let cool 5 minutes and then dice into bite size pieces. Set aside, but keep warm.
- While the chicken cooks start on the kale. In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, whisk to combine and then season with salt and pepper. (If needed, add more salt and pepper.)
- Grease a baking sheet and spread kale on top. Add 2-3 tablespoon of the dressing to the kale (just enough to coat the kale, reserve the rest.) Massage the kale with the dressing and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Toss well and roast for 5-10 more minutes, until slightly crispy, but not golden.
- While kale is roasting bring the water to a boil. Once the water boils, remove from heat and add the couscous, stir and cover for 10 minutes or until ready to use. When ready to use, fluff with a fork.
- Once the chicken, kale, and couscous are all done combine them in a large bowl. Add the toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, avocado, and goat cheese. Toss to combine and then add the remaining dressing and toss one more time.
- Serve warm.