While our bodies share standard functions, our genetics alongside our environment make each of us unique. Now we can tap into these differences due to research behind genetics and nutritional influences.
This can help answer common questions like, “What does ‘healthy food’ look like for my body?” “Why do some diets work for some people, but not for me?” “Do I need to take a vitamin supplement?”.
Our genes – our DNA – are influenced by our environment; this is the study of ‘epigenetics’, and its changing medicine. It can also change you – by understanding how your body converts, metabolizes and utilizes nutrients from your food.
WHAT WILL I LEARN ABOUT MY BODY?
The test evaluates 45 genes that influence nutritional metabolism & fitness performance.
WHAT YOUR GENES CAN TELL YOU
- If a low-fat diet benefits weight loss for you.
- Whether endurance-based fitness or strength-based fitness works best with your body.
- If you have lactose or gluten intolerance
- Your risk for Type 2 Diabetes.
- How much caffeine is good for your body, or if you should avoid it.
IS THIS A BLOOD TEST?
Fear of needles? No problem. This test only requires your saliva!
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS TEST?
Maybe you like cold hard facts about your DNA, or maybe you recognize the importance of optimizing your long-term health just through your daily meals – this test is for everyone seeking an individualised approach to nutrition.
This is especially important in case like:
- Difficulty losing weight – especially for unknown reasons
- Athletes – to optimise nutrition & fitness choices
- Preventing hereditary illness associated to nutritional status – such as Type 2 Diabetes, hemochromatosis, cardiovascular disease, and bone health.