THE PRINCIPLES OF NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE ✨🌱🌞🌙🌼🍃🌻
1. The Healing Power Of Nature – Naturopathic physicians facilitate the healing process by removing obstacles to cure and identify treatments to enhance healing.
2. Identify And Treat The Cause – Treat the underlying causes of illness rather than just the symptoms of disease.
3. First Do No Harm – A naturopathic treatment plan uses therapies that are gentle, non-invasive, and effective.
4. Doctor As Teacher – The Latino root of doctor is docere, which means “to teach.” The primary role of a naturopathic doctor is educating, empowering, and motivating patients to assume responsibility for their health and adopting a healthy attitude, lifestyle, and diet.
5. Treat The Whole Person – It is the patient that is in need of treatment, not just the disease state or symptom.
6. Prevention – It’s far easier and cost effective to prevent a disease than to treat a disease. Naturopathic doctors uncover potential susceptibilities of future disease states in their patients and work on preventing them.